Wednesday 12 April 2017

Writing - Flashback Perspective "Show not tell" - The Anzac puppy by Peter Millett and Trish Bowles

WALT. Write a flashback from a different perspective and use show not tell.



"The Western front collapsed as I crawled through the filthy mud. The sound of yelling and gunfire travels through the air like booming music. The smell of death arose as explosions went off like fireworks. I tumble forward, face planting deeper into the muddy trenches. BOOM! Another was set off, only to kill more of my strong comrades, seeing my comrades fall in front of my eyes filled me with hatred, yet my emotions were all so confused."

In Class, we read this book called: "The Anzac puppy" by Peter Millett & Trish Bowles, after reading the book we had to write a perspective from one of the Characters and I picked Freda (the dog).
I found thinking of the perspective easy, because I sometimes write in my own time.
I found it hard to think of describing words to describe the scenery.
Next time, I could spend time describing the scenery to get the reader thinking more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.