Wednesday 3 May 2017

Writing - Recount - To the Park!

WALT. Use the correct structure for a recount.

To the Park!

During the holidays, my mum decided to take me and my brothers to the nearby Park. I didn’t want to go but we did almost exactly nothing during the holidays.

First, We all got changed to get ready to go to the park and it wasn’t really cold on the day. My brother Nino really wanted to bring his blue BMX bike like he always does, and I also wanted to bring my BMX bike so we did. We were all ready to go but my mum said we had to wait because the laundry wasn’t finished, which basically makes me question; “Why did we get changed so soon then?” in my head. So me and my annoyed brothers wandered around the house for forty-five minutes or less until we were finally able to go.

After the slow waiting, we all went outside and it has gotten colder but I didn’t care. Me and Nino got our BMX bikes, I wore a helmet while my brother didn’t which annoyed me. But of course something was gonna happen before we could head to the park, I don’t remember what exactly happened but I had to hold my baby brother Alex while it happened. I waited there, with Alex while he attempted to get on the road because we were waiting outside the gate. Luckily there wasn’t any cars driving past as we waited. After some time dragging my brother, My mum comes to recuse from the squirmy Alex. Then we finally set off to the park.

During the bike ride/Walk, Me and Nino zoomed ahead to the park while my Mum and Brother Alex walked together behind. There was no one at the park so the park was completely deserted from human beings. At the park we mostly played on the flying fox since it was the most fun thing in the whole park, besides the swings. My mum was able to get me and Alex onto it so we can go down it together SAFELY while Nino went by himself.

I think it was another time we went to the park, But I remember Alex walking to the edge of the park where there was an exit to another street. Because I am slightly stubborn, I didn’t run after Alex which meant my mum went to get him and they both went down the path. When they went down the path, I thought they were gonna come back soon but they didn’t. After about fifteen minutes I sent Nino to look through the path where my mum and brother Alex went but they weren’t there. Later on, me and my brother Nino went down the path on our bikes to see if they were close by but we didn’t see nor hear them.

After some looking, we biked back to the park. We stayed there for a bit, thinking that she might come back but yet she didn’t return. So after some thinking, I decided go home with my brother and maybe call my grandparents but, who did we see at the gate? My perfectly calm mum and baby brother Alex! She said something like: “We went down the path, turned right and walked around the park.” without even telling me before.

Although I was glad that I found them, not dead or anything. She told me that I could go back to the park if i wanted too but, I said “No.”

The end.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.