Wednesday 6 September 2017

Reading - "Catholic and Apostolic" | Key Idea 6


Bible Scripture
140 words
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
(Matthew 18:19-20)
This scripture tells the original disciples to go out into the world: telling and teaching about Jesus’s teachings and examples he has set us. Jesus will always be with us.
18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[a] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[b] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[c]bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[d] loosed in heaven.”
(Matthew 16:18-19)
In this scripture, it’s a moment when Jesus and peter speak together. Peter is to be the keeper of the church and of the gates of Hades. If you are to be binded on earth then you shall be bound in heaven while if you are loose on earth, you will be loosed in heaven.
25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
(John 14:25-27)
Here in this scripture is Jesus saying “Goodbye” possibly, his peace and teachings he wants us to remember him and not to be afraid or troubled because he’s always there.
For one of the reading activities we were given three bible scriptures and we had to explain it in 140 letters. 
What I found hard: keeping the limit 140.
What I found easy: explaining the scripture.
What I could do next time: nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.